Artist Relocation Program
Oil City, PA offers working artists a number of incentives for relocating, including:
- Affordable housing with potential 100% financing
- Possibility to work, display, and sell within your own home, as well as rent affordable studio space
- Easy access to urban markets in Erie, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, and Buffalo, as well as a thriving community of local artists, galleries, and events
- Beautiful natural setting that enjoys all four seasons
- Low cost of living in a safe, low crime community
One of Oil City’s stately Victorians, embellished by the creativity of its new artist-owner and home to Blue Tree Studio
- 100% fixed rate financing on the purchase of residential live-work space is available through First National Bank for first time home buyers relocating to Oil City, contingent on mortgage pre-qualification by First National Bank.
- 100% financing through USDA mortgages may be available to artists who are not first time home buyers through PNC Bank.
- Funds toward down payment and closing costs on a residential property are available through Venango County Affordable Housing to people relocating from within Venango County. First time home buyer and moderate income guidelines apply. Program available for as long as funds last.
- All properties zoned Residential 2 in Oil City are zoned by ordinance for live-work-gallery space, as long as 50% of the items sold are created by the artist on the premises. In home businesses must be approved by the Zoning Board.
- $250 grant and $5,000 loan @ 1% for facade improvements are available for commercial properties.
- The Main Street program grants 50% of the cost of exterior improvements, contingent on an approval process and availability of funding.
- The Main Street program Mural Project provides funding for murals on commercial buildings in the downtown business district.
- Commercial properties along Route 8 and 62 corridors are eligible for state funded rehab loans through a revolving loan fund administered by Oil Region Alliance. Funding is contingent upon the availability of funds.
- LERTA tax abatement is available for commercial property rehab.
The area offers an airport, a new regional medical center, safe schools, Venango College of Clarion University, fine community theaters, a thriving music scene, excellent libraries, beautiful and affordable Victorian homes, and a well equipped arts center and galleries, all in a breathtaking wooded rural setting.